Leid Stories Stories and news that affect us all

October 17, 2017  

Leid Stories looks at the way the media define our reality by boldly reinforcing white-supremacist values in their editorial content—signifying a return to the “old days” when whiteness was the standard by which all things, and people, were measured.

No, it’s not the ascendancy of Donald Trump or right-wing ideology in America, says Leid Stories, it might just be that many liberals and progressives aren’t truly committed to give up the benefits of white skin privilege.

October 16, 2017  

This week and next, Detroit will be bristling. A wide array of grassroots organizers and way-outside-the-box political tacticians, from the city and from across the country, will be discussing one thing: how to defeat the entrenched, corrupt political system.

Elena Herrada, a thorn in the side of Detroit’s political machines, Democratic and Republican alike, lets us in on looming battles Detroit’s already besieged communities must fight.

Abayomi Azikiwe, editor in chief of Pan-African News Wire and a co-founder of the Moratorium NOW! Coalition to Stop Foreclosures, Evictions and Utility Shutoffs, discusses grassroots efforts to coalesce political power nationally.

October 13, 2017  

You’re cordially invited to say what’s on your mind on Leid Stories’ “Free Your Mind Friday,” an open forum that encourages the exchange of information, opinions and ideas.

We’re a nice bunch with good manners, and we listen hard at what you say.

Call 888-874-4888 and speak your truth!

October 12, 2017  

Rep. Al Green (D-Texas) seemed to be a lonely man yesterday, although he formally was delivering, presumably with enthusiastic support from his fellow Democrats, articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump. Yet one got the distinct impression that Green was on his own. Just what is going on?

Leid Stories explains the unveiling of Green’s sorta-kinda articles of impeachment.

October 11, 2017  

Housing, transportation, food and clothing—that’s what eats up about 65 percent the average American consumer’s money. The remaining 35 percent? Well, we tend to blow much of it on nonessential stuff—which means we’re not saving for a rainy day. It’s way past time to fix this.

Leid Stories discusses the small things we can do to save money. 

October 10, 2017  

Listeners discuss how, since Election 2016, their views of politics and the political process itself have changed. 

October 9, 2017  

He didn’t know where he was going when he left, didn’t know where he was when he got there, and didn’t know where he’d been when he got back. Not quite a strong resume for an explorer, but America has been observing Columbus Day since 1937, marking Christopher Columbus’s “discovery” of the Americas on Oct. 12, 1492.

World-renowned scholar Dr. Ivan van Sertimer lays bare glaring incongruities and outright lies that have propped up many myths of Columbus’s exploits while denying early and beneficial African contacts and relationships with ancient Olmec civilizations. 

October 6, 2017  

It’s “Free Your Mind Friday” on Leid Stories, and so we gather for our weekly open forum to discuss the most significant news issues and developments or topics of our own choosing. It’s a great way to sharpen one’s debating skills.

Call 888-874-4888 and join the friendly fray!


October 5, 2017  

We complete yesterday’s discussion about the various ways in which law enforcement, politicians and the media are wrestling with how to characterize the Oct. 1 mass killing—allegedly by 64-year-old retired accountant and avid gambler Stephen Paddock—in Las Vegas.

October 4, 2017  

Leid Stories discusses the various ways in which law enforcement, politicians and the media are wrestling with just how to characterize the Oct. 1 killing—allegedly by 64-year-old retired accountant Stephen Paddock—of 59 people and the wounding of more than 500 others attending an open-air concert in Las Vegas.

« Newer Posts - Older Posts »